One of our main fundraising efforts is our semi-annual Book Sale. Your donations of gently used books and other media will increase the amount of the gift that we make to the Richmond Public Library each spring, and your gift is tax-deductible! Download this form, as the signed copy will be your official record for tax deduction.
Twice a year the Friends host a “Drive-Thru” Book Drive at the rear loading dock of Main Library. In addition, you may donate at any time by bringing your items to the Circulation Desk at Main Library or any branch with a Daily Book Sale area. On occasion, we are able to accommodate special drop-offs at the Main Library loading dock if confirmed in advance. You can do this by contacting us at Friends@RVALibraryFriends.org.
- We accept gently used hardcover and paperback books, with the exception of textbooks and condensed volumes (e.g., Reader’s Digest).
- We accept DVDs, CDs, videotapes, cassettes, and LPs.
- All donations must be in clean and dry condition with no evidence of mold, mustiness, water damage, bug infestation, or missing pages or covers.
- We cannot accept magazines at this time.
- Donated books will be offered for sale at an upcoming Book Sale.
Ready to donate? If you would, please print and fill out our Donation Form and bring it with you. Many thanks.